• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bricked? and won't power up (while trying to unroot)

jcole2424

Lurker
I may have bricked my phone, and now won't power up at all. Here's what happened.

Last night I tried to unroot my phone in order to install EL30. First I powered phone into download mode. Then used Odin to install EC05, but Odin seemed to be taking forever, as the instructions said it would take 7-8 minutes... It appeared to be working but very slowly. So after half an hour, I decided to let it work overnight and went to bed, leaving the Odin screen running on computer and the phone with yellow "Downloading" on screen.

This morning, the Odin screen had several more lines of successful completed steps, but did not say "Finished" yet. The phone screen was off. I thought maybe the battery had died because perhaps in download mode maybe the battery wasn't charging? So I unplugged it from USB cord, put in a fully charged battery, and now to my problem...

Phone won't power up or do ANYTHING. I know of 3 methods to power up phone, (pwr button, #1 + pwr, volume up + camera + pwr) and none of them are doing anything. screen never changes from black. I've removed battery, tried powering up while plugged into usb/computer, with & without sd card, etc. It's like the phone is just broke!

HELP?! :confused:

It doesn't sound too promising, but can you remove the battery then plug the USB into a USB charger (not a computer USB port, sometimes they are not as powerful), then power on (with no battery). If it comes on, then put the battery in and continue.

Thanks. I've tried so many different combinations of battery in, battery out, sd card in and out, usb to both computer and wall charger, holding power button while plugging into all of the above, etc. No luck yet.

I haven't completely given up hope yet, as several people have told me to keep trying all of the above and may work with patience and determination...

But if anyone has any other advice, would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other power up sequences besides the 3 I mentioned in OP (pwr, 1+pwr, vol up + camera + pwr)?

I tried sliding the battery in and out, as well as usb power cord in and out, all while holding 1+pwr and also with a usb jig, probably a thousand times over the last week, trying not to give up hope.

I wish I had given up hope a little sooner, because although it never worked, I finally took the phone into Sprint (who couldn't get it to work either), but they said they could get me a new replacement phone for $35! I didn't even have the phone insured. In fact, I didn't even buy it new from sprint, I bought it used off of CList. So I was very pleasantly surprised. :)

Back
Top Bottom