• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bricked htc evo 4g

A

Anthony Cali

Okay guys , well a couple months ago my dad gave me his old htc evo 4g because my htc evo 4gs screen was cracked. i was really happy that i got this evo because he just got it and it was perfectly new. my old cracked htc still worked but certain parts of the screen hadn't worked because of the cracked screen. well when he gave me his new htc evo he told me specificly " dont factory reset because itll become bricked " i didnt know what this meant because im still a noobie at all this hacked stuff. he said the root was called " MikG " it was pretty cool until one day i was messing around with the hacks and i accidentaly factory reseted the phone ): well after i did that it turned off and back on and now when i turn the phone on it goes through the process ... on the screen it first it says " HTC EVO 4G " -> then " ANDROID " (which glows) -> then finally the "MikG Wallpaper " which is black and says mikG in tile lettering. the screen is blank and i am not able to do anything with the phone except turn the screen on and off . the only other thing i am able to do is go into the " HBoot " setting when i power the phone on using the volume down key. so im really fusturated and i want to just have this phone working again. at least reset back to factory ROM.
like i said i am a newbie and i really need someone who can help me with step by step rules to the process of me getting my phone like new again.

SO PLEASE HELP ME ! ):

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones