• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked phone?

icyboyice

Sep 23, 2011
Ok i was on monster 5.3 rom and my phones button functions got mixed up (pressing home would bring up power menu,etc) .So i did a factory rest (through the android settings screen , not recovery) and next thing i know i was in a continous boot loop. I can get into cwm recovery , but can only scroll and cannot make a selection (weird, prob the phones buttons mixed up problem stated before). I've tried to do it via adb , but with no result. It gave me a cannot mount sdcard issue . It is like the whole android filesystem got formatted or something ..?:thinking: . I have another working admire , but i was wondering if i can revive this one somehow? Dev help? I heard that if you can get into recovery it is not fully bricked..? Maybe just a soft brick?
*By the way i cannot get into download mode* Somehow got deleted off the phone because all i get when booting into it is a battery charging screen.

Ok i was on monster 5.3 rom and my phones button functions got mixed up (pressing home would bring up power menu,etc) .So i did a factory rest (through the android settings screen , not recovery) and next thing i know i was in a continous boot loop. I can get into cwm recovery , but can only scroll and cannot make a selection (weird, prob the phones buttons mixed up problem stated before). I've tried to do it via adb , but with no result. It gave me a cannot mount sdcard issue . It is like the whole android filesystem got formatted or something ..?:thinking: . I have another working admire , but i was wondering if i can revive this one somehow? Dev help? I heard that if you can get into recovery it is not fully bricked..? Maybe just a soft brick?
*By the way i cannot get into download mode* Somehow got deleted off the phone because all i get when booting into it is a battery charging screen.

sounds like your button mapping may be screwed, ive never run into this.
ive lost functionality of my home button on monster 5.3 (due to restoring framework data from roms without extended power menu) but never the others.

try this to get into download mode.
  • remove sd card
  • remove battery
  • plug in usb cable from pc
  • hold camera button
  • insert battery while holding the camera button still.

as far as the filesystem beign formatted, when you upgraded to monster 5.3 you changed the filesystem from rfs to ext4.

Reactions: Zunga93
Upvote 0
Well when i pressed the home button,back button,search button ...All they did was bring up the power menu :thinking: Then when i pressed the lock button it didnt do anything.I've read somewhere that doing a factory reset through the android settings causes a boot loop ..? I have no idea what happened to my admire ja :thinking: am just wondering if i can unbrick it

Upvote 0
Well when i pressed the home button,back button,search button ...All they did was bring up the power menu :thinking: Then when i pressed the lock button it didnt do anything.I've read somewhere that doing a factory reset through the android settings causes a boot loop ..? I have no idea what happened to my admire ja :thinking: am just wondering if i can unbrick it

follow these instructions to get ur phone back to normal.

link

cheers.

Reactions: aboatright
Upvote 0
The thing is the admire doesnt go into download mode (trust me i've tried ) when i hold the camera button and plug in the usb it takes me to the charging battery animated screen:mad: . I've ran out of ideas , i just think its not fully bricked ...just dont know what other way to restore it. Thanks tho

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones