• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked (won't turn on at all cost) phone

dkang88

Lurker
May 4, 2012
I rooted my thunderbolt and I just decided to plug the usb (connected to the computer) into the phone and it just started lagging randomly. It got to the point where it was unresponsive so I just decided to pull the battery out.

Then I put the battery back in, and the phone wouldn't turn on. I tried power button and volume down button to get into the hboot menu but still wouldn't turn on. I have tried taking out the battery, sim card, and sd card for 10 min and put it back in...still wouldn't turn on. I have tried putting my stock battery in (bc I'm using the extended battery), but still didn't turn on.

What can I do at this point? It seems like the phone just wouldn't turn on. I know some people were able to get their phone to vibrate for a little bit but mine wouldn't even do that. Currently I just put everything in and plugged it into the charger to see if the charging orange LED light would come on..but thus far nothing.

I'm thinking about contacting htc and use their warranty bc I bought mine at best buy mobile. Since the phone won't turn on at all, will they be able to see if my phone was rooted or not? Has anyone else had this experience at all? I'm trying to see my options right now..and it seems like sending it to htc would be the only option. Could my phone be short circuited somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones