• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bringing an LG L9 (GSM) to Cricket, what do I do?

Warbonnet

I have an LG L9 with metro, it is compatible with AT&T network. How do I bring it over and once I do will it be on the AT&T GSM network? Right now it is on metro and just plain s*** for call reception anywhere beyond big cities.

It has to be unlocked, if it is, then yes, it can be hooked up to cricket GSM for service. You will need to find out if it is unlocked first, before activating the service, they will not be able to tell you if it is unlocked. Keep us posted, cheers. If you need a referral also let us know. cheers

I got a code for it, took out the sim and then entered the 'servicer provder' lock code and it said unlocked. Then put my sim back in and it took about 5 mins before it got a signal with metro. Is there any way to tell if it's unlocked in the settings or do I need to get a sim card? I will buy one off cricket.com today, I was hoping to keep my ghettropcs number but I guess that I'll play it by ear.

You need a cricket similar, I can buy one from a store or you can call and have them send you one. The cost is $10 I believe, then you need to activate the service and you can have them port your number over. Much easier and quicker if you go to a cricket location. But you can also do it by phone if you don't mind waiting.

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I believe the L9 only has 2G & 3G I would ask around I could be wrong remember reading that somewhere ;)

Metro refused to transfer my old number I was on the phone forever, just didn't happen. So I bought a sim and a new number. I'll report back how it works. Specs for the phone looks like it is on the right radio bands but maybe not LTE. At worst it'll be like Metropcs speeds but with better coverage on the ATT network. Hopefully.

Alright I got my sim works fine but I had to input the APN info myself to get a data connection. Seems to be working at 2-3mbps per second.

For anyone who cares when you run out of data they throttle your downloads to .14mbps BUT uploads aren't throttled. It's not bad at all for normal internet browsing but you can forget about streaming videos or certain kinds of music. So if you just want a smartphone and don't care about bandwidth this is a great deal, ATT network for 40$ a month.

How did you get the unlock code? And why didn't they let you port your number? As far as I know, the number belongs to you, not the carrier.

Back
Top Bottom