• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

broken desire s

dsw29

i have a desire s on hboot .098.002

i cant run a ruu
cant mount sd card
keeps rebooting

stock recovery

i cant get into phone to do anything i have found getvar vodap001 tried various ruus keep getting error 140.

please help

Boot while pressing and holding "volume down". If you have that "fast boot" thing enabled, pull the battery to ensure you are properly shut down first. This will get you into Hboot.

From there you can select recovery and try a factory reset, or else select Fastboot (which is not the same thing as the "fast boot" in HTC Sene), and when in fastboot mode you can run the RUU.

Since the RUU will do a customer id check you need to choose one that's compatible with your phone's original region/branding. Also it won't let you downgrade, so it needs to be as recent a software version as you have or a newer one. If you can tell us about your phone someone may be able to give suggestions.

ok i can get into stock recovery , factory reset does sod all still same issues.

hboot 0.98.0002
radio 3805.06.02.03_m

ig i run a ruu in fastboot it tells me i have image version 1.47.161.2. so do i need the ruu for that image?

OK, was the phone originally sold via a network or bought SIM-free and unbranded? If network, which, and either way which country? We need this information to work out what RUU can run on your phone.

Error 140 is a bootloader version error (I looked it up), so that implies you were trying to run RUUs containing an older software version than you already have. From the RUU names (at shipped-ROMs) I can see the radio firmware and image versions, so that should provide a guide. Unfortunately the name doesn't tell us the bootloader version, but if the others are as recent or higher you should be OK.

weill i presumed that vodap001 ment it was uk vodafone phone?

but i can only find rru running 1.32 not 1.47???

Vodafone does sound likely (especially if that's your network).

Hmm, wonder whether some other site has a newer one. Otherwise I can think of 2 options. One, take it to Vodafone. UK phones have a 2 year warranty, and they should have the latest Vodafone RUU. The alternative would be to turn a microsd card into a "goldcard", which hides the cid info and lets you run a non-Voda RUU. The technique for doing that is probably described in the All Things Root forum, but may require the phone, in which case you'd need someone to provide the key file (goldcard image) instead. Unfortunately I never made one myself, so can't supply that.

Back
Top Bottom