• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken power button - need screen lock + keep awake.

dog812

Apr 17, 2011
So i have a older nexus 1, i am trying to wait out my contract before i get a new phone.

My physical power button broke. So if the screen goes black i have not way of reviving it besides pulling the battery, or plugging it into the wall.

I downloaded a keep awake app, but now when i put the phone in my pocket it hits buttons , makes calls, etc...

Is there a app that will lock the screen while it is awake? And keep it awake?

OOps i meant nexus S , but same thing.. one physical button on the side for power, Physical volume buttons, then 4 soft buttons along bottom of the screen.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Tap Tap App ( Screen On-Off )
Pedro Maicas - July 5, 2013
Tools

Description
Lock and unlock the screen with a double tap the proximity sensor.
And widget, locks your phone with one click.
Reduces use of the power button.
Turns off screen fast.
You will not find a better program than this to lock and unlock the screen :)
It works ! See videos:
Or search youtube: "tap tap app for htc desire hd"
User say:
First & Best This is the very first App on Google play to utilize the sensors for on and off functions. Has been developed many years ago. All other apps are made after this one. And I have been a big fan of it since it's creation. Plus it just WORKS. Simply
All I can say is THANK YOU!! I just place my hand or wave it near the top of my phone and it goes to sleep....and when it's asleep (black screen) I just place my hand or wave it across the top front and oila! It wakes up! Thank you for taking the time and your skills to create this app for android peeps. It's MUCH appreciated! TEN STARS!!!

Upvote 0
Meanwhile, the aforementioned Power On Volume does not even show up in the battery use percentages* and reads about 11M in SystemPanel. So I have no idea which is better, but I’m certain which I prefer. Besides, it’s easier to press a volume button than to wave a magic wand.

*It used to show up there, to the point that I discussed it with the dev and ultimately uninstalled it, until this thread rekindled my curiosity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones