• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brought a locked phone off of ebay

joshc01

Lurker
So I brought an att galaxy note off of ebay a couple of days ago but it has a password on the welcome screen. I've tried contacting the seller but he still hasn't contacted me back. I've also tried resetting the phone by holding the up and down volumes keys and the power button but when I try whipping the phone it still asking me for a password before it will do the whip. Does anyone know how I can get this phone to work ?

Interesting, so there is a password to access the recovery? Never heard of that...

If you cannot access the recovery menu (phone off, then press and hold vol+ and vol-, keep holding the vol buttons while you turn the phone on; when the phone vibrates, release the power button, but keep holding the vol buttons; it should then go into the recovery menu where you can do a factory reset)

If you do not care about rooting the phone, then flash clockwork mod and do a factory reset.

Or

You could always do a complete system re-flash, follow the instructions here:[REF] Recover AT&T Note to GB Factory with Kies (Will NOT trip your flash counter!!) - xda-developers

It should fully recover the phone and wipe the internal memory as the phone was the day it was purchased.

Now if it is locked because it is stolen, then that is a different matter

Back
Top Bottom