• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser or User Agent that can view Desktop, but utilize HTML5

mush10

Not sure if this is the right spot, but I am looking for a browser that will allow me to keep it in Desktop mode, but use HTML5 rather than flash for video. I know the iPad user agent does this somewhat, but then you run into some iPad optimized sites as well as annoying pop-ups to download "x" iPad app.

I would like to be able to view the desktop version of ESPN and view the videos in the browser with HTML5. I know these sites use HTML5 because you can watch videos on iOS devices.

Can anyone recommend a browser or user agent that can do this? I think I have tried just about everything, but maybe something is out there. The other problem is a lot of browsers are giving a desktop option, but not the ability to change the user agent yourself.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks for the response. I have tried that. It seems as soon as you turn Flash off it searches for the plug-in. There may not be a great option at this point. Maybe once flash goes more options will appear.

Back
Top Bottom