• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser question

go into the browser hit menu then slide the pop up menu up and you should see settings in the right hand corner. It took me a minute to realize that the pop up menu slid up. Hope that helps.

Also try dolphin browser, i recommend it.
and soon we should be seeing pocketfox (firefox for android).

While having the Awesome Bar on the phone would be great, I've really come to love Opera's browser. Plus Opera is the only one with a great infrastructure behind their browser to speed things up. I wonder if it would support multi-touch?

Also try dolphin browser, i recommend it.
and soon we should be seeing pocketfox (firefox for android).

i agree, the dolphin browser is highly recommended over the default, i just downloaded it and was amazed at the performance, i think it is better than the default, i even set it as the default. ;)

Well thats opera mini, opera mobile(the full touch version found on winmo and s60) is coming soon. I asked about setting default browser but dolphin asked by default. Though I wonder if once opera or firefox is out, would it be possible to set those as default.

And then there is the issue that even with dolphin as default, it doesnt change what the Web button does. Oh well.

And then there is the issue that even with dolphin as default, it doesnt change what the Web button does. Oh well.

when you use the web button on the home page it will open the first thing in the the original browser and once you go to a different page, say the golf channel dolphn kicks in.

a weird quirk, when i get time i will try to find a fix or workaround on the intertubez

Search the market for "Opera"

There will be an App called "Make Opera Default Browser"

Download and install. Don't launch the App.

Click a link in an email or SMS it should ask for default browser select Make Opera Default and save setting.

Works fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom