• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser unresponsive and hangs

nj02vette

Android Expert
While using the stock browser, sometimes clicking a link or opening up a new tab will load ~75%, then lock up and become non-responsive. I have to wait a few seconds and then get the "This app has stopped responding. Wait/Close" dialog box. Clicking "Wait" everything returns to normal until another link is clicked. This does seem to be random behavior, but is getting to be rather annoying. Using other browsers doesn't seem to help. Is this related to the WiFi issue? I've never had a single problem getting a signal or downloading, just seems to hang.

So has there been a fix to correct the behavior of the browsers on the Prime. Or am I the only one with this sort of issue?

Thinking of upgrading to the Infinity if this keeps up.

OK, so I've found this issue on XDA and it seems pretty rampant and that ASUS is aware of the issue but no timetable for the fix.

Using Dolphin last night the browser was better. Will check out some other browsers.

Glad to see that you started this thread, because I am suffering from the same issue from both the stock browser and Chrome. I get so tired of it. This tablet is causing me to hate Android! That's probably not fair for the others out there, but I'm just tired of the hangups, freezes, and random restarts. Would get a warrany replacement, but the glass cracked and I unlocked the bootloader.

I have the same problem too. At times I have to go into Apps in the settings and force close it to get it to work again. I am a big android fan but I regret not buying the new ipad instead. I thought this would be really smooth, but my HTC one x is way smoother.

just got my Prime but I don't think I will even give the stock browser a chance. Chrome so far appears to be flawless.

I've only had for 2 days though, day one was doing all the updates (it came with Honeycomb, ugh) and day 2 was factory reset and loading of all my apps. I'm hoping today I actually get to play with it :)

This is great to have a forum like this. But I'm totally blown away that there are no solutions to it; not even any suggestions. I know this problem is all too common across many devices.

Back
Top Bottom