• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bugless Beast boot animation...my take

carlz28

Bugless Beast boot animation in the style of carlz28!
Final/optimized version is now available at the end of this post!
Enjoy!

Installation instructions: (copied from cole20444, I was too lazy to type it out myself :P )
Using Root Explorer:
Mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using Root Explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

Using ADB:
Download the zip file and place it in the tools directory of the Android SDK. Mount your droid. Then using a command prompt on your PC "cd" to the Android/tools directory and type the command:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
Hit enter, and once this command is done processing type reboot and hit enter.

Thoughts/suggestions/critiques welcome :)

Preview:

pete.gif

note: the preview loops the whole animation, it wont be like that in the bootanimation.zip

Download link:

bootanimation.zip

No need to reboot after you've pushed the bootanimation.zip... unless you want to see it immediately afterward.

No need to reboot after you've pushed the bootanimation.zip... unless you want to see it immediately afterward.
:rolleyes:

It's not a "buy now, pay later" kind of deal.
The purpose of rebooting is for the user to see the newly installed animation as well as to see if it works properly for them. :cool:

I never saw the need. I'd see it soon enough anyhow.

Anyway, you asked for suggestions, so I pointed out that you put a "Step" in the directions that wasn't needed. IMO, if it isn't a requirement, it shouldn't be part of the instruction.

Take it or leave it... either way it affects me, not.

i like this. i've been using midnight blue forever and haven't found another one i like enough to replace it. i might keep this one for a spell.

Back
Top Bottom