• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.prop tweak

biggiephil

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, I found a build.prop tweak that worked (confirmed tested by me and working)

Disclaimer! I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Add lines to the very bottom of your build.prop
ALWAYS backup

1.Smooth scrolling on phone.
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=84
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000

IF you know anymore that work for our phones, please by all means post them here, id like to test/know :)

Add these two lines. Go to system, apps, select an app and move it to SD. Simple. Must be rooted.

The two lines are..
ro.lge.capp_osp=true
ro.lge.capp_move_sdcard=true

What do these two lines do? You really cant expect us to just add them not knowing what the hell they do, do you? Screen shots, videos, drawings, stick figures....something! Lol, just bustin them balls. Seriously, tell us what they do and prove they work, please.

What do these two lines do? You really cant expect us to just add them not knowing what the hell they do, do you? Screen shots, videos, drawings, stick figures....something! Lol, just bustin them balls. Seriously, tell us what they do and prove they work, please.

I wanna say his lines must be able to move all apps to SD? I'm not sure o.O

Can anyone else verify that this works and that there are no problems with the addition of the 2 lines?

I use the L9. These were used to allow moving only movable apps to SD on it, and since i had a backup to work off of, I tried it. Now the wife's phone allows her to move apps. When I can get it from her, I'll get some screenshots.

What I think is weird is that these lines literally changed nothing for me. I was already able to move apps to the SD in settings. Ones that I couldn't move before still can't be moved and nothing has really changed.

I've moved on from trying this and rather just integrate update etc into /system to save space on /data. I've learned to just remove the offending app and redownload, then move to system. Never had a problem yet.

Well, before I added them, there was no option to move apps to sd. After I added them, some apps(ones that can normally be moved like games and such) were able to be moved to the sd card.

Also, now there is extra sd card folder locations. The normal File Manger app cannot locate pictures on the "SD Card" listed, but when using file expert, or similar apps, there is a folder located in"mnt" labeled something like "media-rw". This is the sd card and photos are going there. So the internal "emulated" sd card is now seen as internal memory separate from the sd card.

Don't know what it changed, nor was it ever really explained what was changed in the original L9 post where I got it from for my phone. I am not an expert. I do not know anything about modding phones other than how to read and play with stuff. I do know that this doesn't work with all of the roms for my L9. Not sure on that one, but that is for another forum in a far away land.

Mine already had that folder. Its a symlink to the /data emulated SD, just like the /SD/emulated/O. Path is probably wrong but the point is they lead to the same place.

First of all Moorish I've never seen you post anything on these forums till now, you are on probation and for you to be so rude and post a comment like "obviously it works, grow balls" is not conducive to forming any friendships here.

Since when should I or anyone else take your word for anything concerning changing the build.prop files? I think you'll find that most of us ask questions and want confirmations from others who may have already tried a procedure, secondly there have been more than one time that someone posts a "solution" that simply does not work and in some cases has caused problems with others devices.

Although I poke smot makes a solid reference that we should have a CMW backup to restore any damage that may occur from trying something out of the blue that none of the proven devs like sammyz have even acknowledged the suggested fix is safe gives me cause to pause. So please in the future try and be a little more respectful of others who have made it a point not to try and be cute with smart comments to others and instead either offer help or guidance to someone or some thread that does give help.

First of all Moorish I've never seen you post anything on these forums till now, you are on probation and for you to be so rude and post a comment like "obviously it works, grow balls" is not conducive to forming any friendships here.

Since when should I or anyone else take your word for anything concerning changing the build.prop files? I think you'll find that most of us ask questions and want confirmations from others who may have already tried a procedure, secondly there have been more than one time that someone posts a "solution" that simply does not work and in some cases has caused problems with others devices.

Although I poke smot makes a solid reference that we should have a CMW backup to restore any damage that may occur from trying something out of the blue that none of the proven devs like sammyz have even acknowledged the suggested fix is safe gives me cause to pause. So please in the future try and be a little more respectful of others who have made it a point not to try and be cute with smart comments to others and instead either offer help or guidance to someone or some thread that does give help.

LMFAO, seems like someone put heart, sweat, and tears into technology 🔝 just because i don't post a lot doesn't mean i don't know about it, this is nothin new to me

Obviously you missed the entire point of my reply. It doesn't matter if you designed the phone and all the workings in it, I'm referring to your smug and disrespectful comment towards me asking if anyone else can vouch for the changing of the build.prop files. All I'm asking is for you to consider how you relate to others on these forums.

At this point I'm done with it, this is not a pissing contest and I hope it was simply a misinterpretation on my part of your comments.

So can i assume that this moving to sd fix will work for both the l9 AND l70?

as a newb myself, i gather that i use a root browser and find the build prop folder and that's where these lines go, correct?

If i missed anything please let me know, much appreciated from another couple sick of phones with crappy internal space

Yes i was all over that post myself a while back, asking questions and actually forgot to uninstall and start from empty. Thanks buuuuuddy

Okay how exactly do i get to have over 1gb of storage on internal when i pretty much deleted everything and im still at just over 500mb?? What else do i remove??

Also, i dont know wth happened last night but all of a sudden i am now down to just under 85mb when i was well over 400mb?? I didnt download anuthing, nothing updated,wth is with this damn phone im about to go back to my lg motion this is insane

If you download es file explorer from the play store, it has a great sd card analyser that will tell you what's taking up so much room. Also, in addition to links2sd there's a great module for xposed to move obb and data files to the sd card, it's replaced the folder mount app for me.

So can i assume that this moving to sd fix will work for both the l9 AND l70?

as a newb myself, i gather that i use a root browser and find the build prop folder and that's where these lines go, correct?

If i missed anything please let me know, much appreciated from another couple sick of phones with crappy internal space

I have the L9 and it works on my phone. the wife has the L70 and it works on hers. Apps that are allowed to be moved to sd can be. Apps that cannot be moved cannot, unlike link2SD where you can move anything.

Add these two lines. Go to system, apps, select an app and move it to SD. Simple. Must be rooted.

The two lines are..
ro.lge.capp_osp=true
ro.lge.capp_move_sdcard=true

Do i assume these go at the bottom? And also should i remove the partitioning of my sd card, makes sense considering as it wouldnt be necessary, including link2sd or foldermount

Back
Top Bottom