• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.Prop Tweaks confirmed working [Updated 9/18/2015]

I pull up the hidden menu pressing 277634#*# and go into ant settings and where it says calibration status it says not ok (default). Have i done something wrong? Its a family mobile lg g stylo. Everything works on it but today my web just quit working out of nowhere so i edited the apn listing and it started working again. Is there a fix for my antenna?

I pull up the hidden menu pressing 277634#*# and go into ant settings and where it says calibration status it says not ok (default). Have i done something wrong? Its a family mobile lg g stylo. Everything works on it but today my web just quit working out of nowhere so i edited the apn listing and it started working again. Is there a fix for my antenna?

what were you doing to the phone that it did this to start with?

Last edited:
Multi-user

Attachments

• 1442088136429.jpg
    1442088136429.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 387
  • 1442088146217.jpg
    1442088146217.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 1442088157677.jpg
    1442088157677.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 1442088167037.jpg
    1442088167037.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 321
what were you doing to the phone that it did this to start with?
I didnt do anything to it. Honestly it my girls phone and i was reading a post about slow lte which hers happened to be slow at the time so I went in and tried to do what is said in the post well in the process of that I clicked on antenna settings and it said that it was no good. Now we both have the same kind of phone so I did some digging and looked at mine where mine says its good and calibrated. So I'm thinking that I may just have to restore hers with the kdz files. Other than that I've tried everything else I've made backups and even restored her phone from the very first backup that I made when I first rooted it. Still nothing has come of it. I thought it may be her SIM card at first so I took it out and put it in my phone and then I pulled up the hidden menu and it still says the engine is good on my phone. Just looking for advice or maybe a quick fix so that I don't have to go through the whole rooting process on her phone again.

@lanceindep this its what i want you to do with the device... Dont check calibrations until u finish
From the toggle menu in notification bar
1* turn off data n reboot
2* turn on airplane mode reboot
3* turn off airplane mode
4* turn on data
5* from network operators " search networks ( NOT AUTOMATICALLY)
6* select whatever your network is """mpcsLTE""", TMO, Verizon, Att
When never it say registered.. Reboot your phone then go into hidden menu check calibration
And post back!

@lanceindep this its what i want you to do with the device... Dont check calibrations until u finish
From the toggle menu in notification bar
1* turn off data n reboot
2* turn on airplane mode reboot
3* turn off airplane mode
4* turn on data
5* from network operators " search networks ( NOT AUTOMATICALLY)
6* select whatever your network is """mpcsLTE""", TMO, Verizon, Att
When never it say registered.. Reboot your phone then go into hidden menu check calibration
And post back!
Ok ive done all of the above and the hidden menu calibration status still displays Not OK (default). Other than that the phone works just says not ok on that menu.

Ok ive done all of the above and the hidden menu calibration status still displays Not OK (default). Other than that the phone works just says not ok on that menu.
Do you have MPCS?
Have you done any tweak in build.prop?
go into hidden menu go to rat selection select gsm.wcdma.lte

To any one ... Any idea where is the videocalling writing in build.prop... Or its just in call.apk... Cus just find out mpcs hav video calling but not active! I'll post pic in a minute

Do you have MPCS?
Have you done any tweak in build.prop?
go into hidden menu go to rat selection select gsm.wcdma.lte
I did that yesterday. Also yes i have edited the build prop. Only the same edits I've done on my phone which works wiyhout any errors. Only hers did this. Also the phones a family mobile phone from walmart.

I did that yesterday. Also yes i have edited the build prop. Only the same edits I've done on my phone which works wiyhout any errors. Only hers did this. Also the phones a family mobile phone from walmart.
Ok so go to hidden menu receive diversity check if both R/F signal are scanning

Attachments

• 1442118250058.jpg
    1442118250058.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 260
To any one ... Any idea where is the videocalling writing in build.prop... Or its just in call.apk... Cus just find out mpcs hav video calling but not active! I'll post pic in a minute
Well here are the pics

Attachments

• 1442120906525.jpg
    1442120906525.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 1442120923743.jpg
    1442120923743.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 1442120934823.jpg
    1442120934823.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 166
Has anyone changed the dpi on this phone? I for one over fitting as much information on one screen so I set my font to small but that didn't really help...

how do you get video calling ??
Still working on it to see if we can get it but its part of the Call and Call-Ui.apk for ATT, VrzW,LG.Global settings. you can brings settings as shortcuts/activities on Nova... So far i have found the actual settings but not the modifications on build.prop on the XMLs of the apps the are set for true-defaults i been going through all xml on apps.. So it might take some time... No promises.

Ok so I successfully rooted my phone and installed custom recovery so I decided to try this. All I did was change the splitwindow thing and now my phone won't start. I turn it on and it just stays on the LG screen. I have a backup but no idea how to access recovery. Anyone can help? Sorry if it is off-topic

Back
Top Bottom