• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Buzzing in ear speaker... any ideas? / And another issue....

mogie

Hello ... First post! Been browsing for a bit, but now I actually have a question and was hoping you all could shed some light ....

Just got the Incredible 2 three days ago. I love it, except for the extremely irritating BUZZING in the ear speaker during phone calls :eek: The buzz is worst on loudest volume of course, but is still audible at moderate and low speaker volumes. I am only having this issue with the ear speaker on the front, not with the back speaker. I tried restarting the phone and taking out the battery but the buzzing persists.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it??? I would really hate to get a replacement just 3 days after getting this one. Any input appreciated. Thank you!

Yeah, I ended up just getting a replacement .... Bummer it needed to be replaced so quickly, but at least they didn't charge me for it.

Now I seem to be having a new problem however. The new phone is having a really hard time picking up the WiFi signal in my house (whereas the other one was doing fine this morning). It keeps using 3G when I'm 20 feet away from the wireless router. Is there anything I could do to increase WiFi signal reception?? Not sure what the deal is, the phone settings and wireless router settings/location are the same. I know it is detecting the signal because the wifi icon shows up on the top bar sporadically ... and switches back to 3g after a few seconds.

Sorry of this is too off topic, wasn't sure if creating a new thread would be more appropriate. I edited the title a bit. Thanks.

So! After spending an hour on the phone with tech support trying to fix the Wifi connection issue after I made that last post, they determined that the antenna must be defective (only picking up signal at very close range), and I had to get yet another replacement ... Less than 8 hours after getting the 2nd one! Three new phones in 5 days, wow. Hope this is not foreboding of worse problems to come with this phone. The one I have now has been flawless for the past few days I've been using it though. I really LOOOVE this phone, and it works perfectly, so perhaps the first two I got were just flukes with hardware issues.

Thanks to those who responded! :)

I just got an I2 and other than a little buzzing in the earpiece it is a really good phone. I even got lucky with a froyo one. I won't be going to gb. Just have to decide if I can live with the buzz.

Back
Top Bottom