• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bypass activation on Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Voice isn't VOIP so it won't work. And from my understanding the Skype implementation that VZW will be introducing uses the voice network until your call hits the backhaul network via the cell tower, then it becomes a VOIP call over the pipes. So no that wouldn't work.

I know this is an old topic, but a friend of mine is considering buying a droid on ebay to use as an "ipod touch" replacement, he likes my Droid X better than his ipod touch, but doesn't want to get a phone with a data plan.

My question is, can he use the google voice app for SMS/texting via wifi?

I've got a blacklisted Droid and need to bypass the activation at the beginning. I can't figure how to use the phone without activating first, which can't be done.

Does anyone know a way to bypass this activation and go straight into using the phone?

Ok i have the Chocolate touch with verizon and i have a $10 data plan. can i get a smartphone off of ebay and put it on my $10 data Plan? does anyone know the answer to this?

Does anyone know if i can put a smartphone (like the droid) on the $10 a month data pkg with verizon without having to upgrade to the $30 a month?

I was told I cannot get just a data plan, but I didn't bully them about it, so who knows.

I too run an off-contract droid as basically a wifi tablet. I can send texts via g.voice, and voip calls with skype, or or similar programs.

Does anyone know if i can put a smartphone (like the droid) on the $10 a month data pkg with verizon without having to upgrade to the $30 a month?
From Verizon's site:
Medium Usage
$9.99/mo. for 25MB
Good for email and light web browsing
Required
for Multimedia Phones

Heavy Usage
$29.99/mo. for 5GB
Ideal for watching online videos and frequent web browsing.
Required
for Smartphones

Pay As You Go
$1.99 per MB
No monthly fee or signup required.
Not Available
for Smartphones or Multimedia Phones

Seems pretty straightforward...

i have a motorola droid x with a bad esn, n i want to change the provider from verizone to the other. what must i do?

hi i have motorola droid 2 a956 in india, i have restored factory settings and now it's asking for activation and it need verizon network that i don't hv yet, please tell me how can i bypass that screen;

Try pulling the battery for several seconds, replacing it, powering on, then tapping the android the instant it shows on screen.
If that doesn't work, tap the top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left corners, just below the notification bar and just above the bottom gray bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom