• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bypassing Do Not Disturb

NikkieLAd

Lurker
I have used dnd forever but lately I am having issues with text and call notifications bypassing dnd. Especially annoying in the middle of the night. I have my Favorites in my contacts as allowed. For some reason all texts and calls are getting thru. Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_082738_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_082738_Settings.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20230219_082757_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_082757_Settings.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20230219_082830_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_082830_Phone.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 50
BTW are you getting sound with these unwanted contacts bypassing DND or just the notification icons? Because in my experience, DND won't stop the notifications from showing up on the AOD or displaying in the status bar. It just mutes the sound. If you're using an S22, a workaround is using Bixby Routines to turn the sound/screen/AOD off during a specific time frame which alleviates any problems with DND.

It's the notification sound that is bypassing dnd. Dnd worked as it should up until 6 months ago. I don't know what has happened that it doesnt now.

Probably a similar bug that messed up 'in pocket protection' that's supposed to stop the screen from taking taps if it gets woken up in your pocket--my S20 FE bugged out after Android 12/OneUI 4 where that feature no longer did anything.

Try the Bixby routine though--that's how I worked around the pocket thing, and it should solve your DND issues, just create a routine titled 'DND' and set the sound/notification volume to zero during those times and turn AOD off.

Looking at the screen captures you posted, in the lower Allowed during Do Not Disturb section, shouldn't you have everything disabled under Calls and messages, and for App notifications, and Alarms and sounds set to No one?

Try the Bixby routine though--that's how I worked around the pocket thing, and it should solve your DND issues, just create a routine titled 'DND' and set the sound/notification volume to zero during those times and turn AOD off.

Yes. Exactly! If one of my favorites need to get ahold of me in the middle of the night or early morning I want/need to hear the notification.
have you tried this suggestion?

have you tried this suggestion?
Not sure that's what I want. I don't want the volume to be zero for All texts. I have about 6-7 people in my contacts that I don't want to block a text notification from anyone else I want do want coming thru during dnd hours. I am not fimilar with Bixby at all.

If you click where it says "none allowed" it will allow you to set exceptions that will still get through. There are separate options to allow favorites for calls and texts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_173733_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_173733_Settings.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom