• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

C771 wish list: "Green" annoyance

Rafael

Android Enthusiast
Dear Casio;
Why did you waste our time with the "unplug power supply" notification?

Every time I charge I get a little green globe pop up on the notification bar that does not go away until I select it. It reminds me to unplug the power supply to save energy. How many people are really going to do this?

The expected life of the individaul phone is likely 2 years....the length of most of our contracts. The average user will charge the phone overnight, and many will charge more than once per night since the phone is overloaded with power-hungry bloat....resulting in poor battery life.
This means that over the life of the phone I am expected to perform an unplug action, or a plug action, plus a check-notification action........ a minumum of 1095 total actions over the course of two years.

Question: Is anyone out there really unplugging and replugging the power supply every time they charge? Unless they have an outlet installed next to the charger it is highly unlikley that more than a few users will go to the effort. I have never unplugged a charger unless it was for a device that is seldom charged.....less than once every two weeks.

The wear and tear on chargers and electrical outlets will only add expense to the users. If you want to save power, I would suggest a redesign of chargers to reduce "idle" power consumption.......and effort. I would pay more for the charger.....and come out ahead because of the reduced energy cost as well as reduced effort.

Please remove this "feature" on the next update.

To other users: Please post or "thank" this post if you agree.....not to thank me, but to show Casio how many people agree this is a worthless feature. It is a waste of time, in my opinion.

Thanks for the post. I agree 100%. Another in a list of annoying oem features. I thought that globe just let you know your phone was fully charged not to actually unplug the charger, I mean who the F does that?
Side note: Rafael, I'm surprised you don't have this annoyance gone, being rooted and all....;);)

I wish I could stop it. :D
It seems to be a part of the core of the OS......no getting rid of it.
If it were just a separate app.....I would have dumped it long ago.

This phone is an excellent piece of hardware, in my opinion.
If they had shipped it fairly stripped down in the software department it would have been one of the best phones on the market.

This phone is an excellent piece of hardware, in my opinion.
If they had shipped it fairly stripped down in the software department it would have been one of the best phones on the market.

Even unrooted with all the crap it is a great device imo. Stripped down and lean it would be amazingly awesome. It is a keeper tho , either way.:cool:

Dear Casio;
Why did you waste our time with the "unplug power supply" notification?

The wear and tear on chargers and electrical outlets will only add expense to the users. If you want to save power, I would suggest a redesign of chargers to reduce "idle" power consumption.......and effort. I would pay more for the charger.....and come out ahead because of the reduced energy cost as well as reduced effort.

Verizon already has a universal micro draw charger which powers down to 30mW when not in use...

here

Cool, and it lists Commando as supported. As many of you have already found out, commando draws more power than many other devices.

Thats roughly 1/4 of one kilowatt-hour per year in wasted energy if you left it plugged in and never used it for an entire year......pennies.

I got the Verizon micro draw charger (from fleabay cheaper price then Verizon) with the detachable cable so you can add your own long cable to reach your charge cradle...

I like that....I use a male-female 10' USB extension cable from my charger to make my phone cable reach my night-stand.

Back
Top Bottom