• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar woes

jhbacon

Lurker
I have been searching, unsuccessfully, for a calendar that :

Is not cloud based
Non sync'ing
Ability to have multiple calendars

I use seperate calendars for certain events, such as bills that are due, birthdays, cash flow, etc.

These are all seperate calendars, I do not want them to sync as I need / want the info to be forever seperate. And, I do not always have web access, so they need to be local.

Can anyone recommend anything ?
Thanks

Pimlical/A can use its own local calendar database (ie. not the device's local calendar). It also allows you to choose calendars and/or disable the sync (whatever you want/choose).

However, it is not an easy calendar app to use. It does have a learning curve. The UI is aged/old and looks like PalmOS back in the day (which some do not like). It also does not have a widget (if you are looking for one as well). It's pricey, but the funds also go to a good cause.

There is a desktop counterpart you can use and sync locally (not using cloud) as well. But it is 'sold separately'.

I have used this for a long time (it was known as DateBk from PalmOS days). The Android needed some getting used to and there are still some things missing from PalmOS.

You can find a 10-day trial here:
Pimlico Software Inc

Back
Top Bottom