• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call log adds 011 to number when I call

hav0kk

I'm not sure if it specific contacts but I can't figure out how to stop it from adding the international dialing to the beginning of the numbers. Can't edit the contact.

when I try it says

(exclimation) facebook contact information is not editable on this device.

Say whhhhhhhat?

You have to add an actual contact to your phone to match your FB contact and then either manually join them or wait for it to auto-join them. "Facebook" contacts will auto-join "Phone" contacts that have the same first and last name in most cases.

Facebook's "+" prefix causes our phones to add a "011" country code.

You have to add an actual contact to your phone to match your FB contact and then either manually join them or wait for it to auto-join them. "Facebook" contacts will auto-join "Phone" contacts that have the same first and last name in most cases.

Facebook's "+" prefix causes our phones to add a "011" country code.

thank you darnell!

This is normal in most countries I lived in. I used to just put "+" and a country code before all numbers in my cell. That way, when I went to other countries, I could dial a number no matter where I was. If you do all the international bs to make a local call, it will still go through on the overseas carriers. I've never tried it at home, but it would probably work here too.

This is normal in most countries I lived in. I used to just put "+" and a country code before all numbers in my cell. That way, when I went to other countries, I could dial a number no matter where I was. If you do all the international bs to make a local call, it will still go through on the overseas carriers. I've never tried it at home, but it would probably work here too.

usually it doesn't connect. But more importantly i'm suprised there is no setting to remove that off of fb themselves.. i'm sure they have had a handful of ppl saying.. please make this optional.

Anyways, making your own contact works to remove the 1+. but if it doesn't work which I have seen. delete the facebook profile and start from scratch on your phone and build from there.

Make sure when you create the Phone contact, you add the phone number manually. If you let FB still add the phone number to the contact, it'll put the + back in there.

I found a great fix for this.

Download Prefixer from the Market. Make an exception.

When number matches: .*
Number in contact list: Either
Remove characters: \+

And that's all. Now you can call any one of your Facebook friends straight from the Facebook sync. No need to manually add them. That takes too long and is no fun! :D

This is normal in most countries I lived in. I used to just put "+" and a country code before all numbers in my cell. That way, when I went to other countries, I could dial a number no matter where I was....

You're right, I don't know what that '+' means but it works from anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom