• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calling DEVs: MIUI ICS MMS

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Information:

This is a thread to collaborate on progress for the development on working MMS on DigitalHigh's MIUI ICS build.

Additional information:

I have attempted to get MMS working previously and had not gotten very far at all. Two previous versions were complete flops when it came to MMS, however with the latest build (1/11/2013) MMS actually showed up as "sent" within the messaging app with a fresh install.

Of course, I did not recieve the MMS (I sent it to myself), however... With further examination, I noticed that the change of apns.xml using "APN Backup & Restore" from the android market (installed as a system app) from MIUI to the stock ROM apns.xml had put a complete halt on the MMS process. It would no longer say "Sent".

I figured I would go ahead and try modding the Build.PROP to reflect Virgin Mobile. It did not change anything... I am currently reflashing in order to get the MIUI apns.xml alongside the VM BP.

Comment and help work this out? This is an amazing ROM, and I would love to see working MMS, and I'm sure so many others would too :)

P.S.

After looking inside the different fixes for the MMS problems, and with the differences between MIUI and stock, all of the informations for the MMS APN is all different. No one set of numbers or names is the same as others.

I've been meaning to try this for a bit, but why not take the MIUI JB MMS fix, and put DH's ICS MMS.apk into that, flash it, reboot, set APN, and see if MMS works?

I've been meaning to try this for a bit, but why not take the MIUI JB MMS fix, and put DH's ICS MMS.apk into that, flash it, reboot, set APN, and see if MMS works?

what do you mean set the APN?? I already tried that putting the original message in file into the fix and it didn't work.

No personal headway, but digital high has acknowledged the VM network and has apparently begun implementing the fix for ICS :)

Back
Top Bottom