• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calling DEVs Which Have MIUI Experience:

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
I have tried installing and re-installing MIUI by digitalhigh and have tried installing a theme. No luck at all any time. I click on a downloaded theme and... POOF! A whole lotta nuffin. I would like to install this:

Minimal ICS THEME that saves some battery V2 - MIUI - RootzWiki

If anyone could help me, that would be AWESOME! I am currently downloading his latest release and can't wait to try it, since everything works except 4G, which does not affect me as I am in a non-rural area.

For those who have not had the pleasure, here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1571021

did you have to do any modifications to the rom after flashing? i.e. patching mms or anything of that nature? i've been looking for a miui rom to try out and this may be the one. interested to hear your experience with it.

did you have to do any modifications to the rom after flashing? i.e. patching mms or anything of that nature? i've been looking for a miui rom to try out and this may be the one. interested to hear your experience with it.

Well actually MMS doesn't w work for this. I tried the patch for incoming and it works, but is sooooo ugly. I found a fix for the themes:

In root go to /data and make a new folder within that one called "themes".

As a side note, i went back to my customized power ROM, and i still had some problems. I flashed buttered toast, and O... M... G! Soooo much better!

so, miui just didn't cut it? i haven't been able to flash from midnight rom, everything works too well for me to want to go anywhere else, but i've always been a fan of miui and would like to see what it looks like on this phone

so, miui just didn't cut it? i haven't been able to flash from midnight rom, everything works too well for me to want to go anywhere else, but i've always been a fan of miui and would like to see what it looks like on this phone

Don't get me wrong miui is awesome. The only reason I switch back was because I messenger and really I couldn't find a good theme

Back
Top Bottom