• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calling Wrong Number

Lmag

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know the fix for the following issue? Ever so often when I make a call it dials the wrong number. It's not a touch screen issue because the other number it calls is not even on the screen. The numbers are not similar. Today I caught a glimpse of a message that popped up for a split second when I tried to call my husband and it quit that call and called my boss. The message said something along the lines of "call not sent". This has happened a lot since I got the phone in October. It's random on when it does this. Any help would be appreciated. Please.

I'm also having the same issue but it seems limited to making calls from my "Favorites" list. I'll touch a Favorite contact to dial, it will bring up the message "Call Not Sent" and then will proceed to call a completely different person from my contacts list!!! Doesn't happen every time, just every so often...I'm going to take the phone to the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy and try to find out what's going on..
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)

Upvote 0
You can include me with this group. It seems to happen whenever I pick someone from my "favorites group". It's pretty random as to when it happens, maybe once a month. Just like the above poster mentioned, I select a person from the favorite group and it randomely calls someone else in my contacts list.

It's already happened twice now. I've dial a number, put the phone to my ear, listen for pick up, and I get someone else. I've actually called someone and then when I hear them so "hello" I've said why are you answering this number. Their like, huh? I then look at my phone and relized I've dialed them and not the person from my favorites group. WEIRD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones