• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Flash

my service tag is screwy so dell wont help me at all

Sorry to be off topic, but I have the same issue everytime i try to use dell's support site. It tells me it is wrong but it is the same on both the device itself and on the box. pain in the ass, kindof offset me on my faith in Dell when they told me I apparently bought my phone in Kurdistan but I have AT&T and you shipped it to NJ dell...smh

on topic as said before open the camera and on the right side is all your options one up from the bottom is the flash symbol, tap that and try to turn it on? I just rooted my device earlier tonight and the flash works fine and so does the streak light led flashlight app.

Upvote 0
I tried the Camera settings but it won't let me select the "on" option and since I began with the ATT locked version my service tag is screwy so dell wont help me at all

Weird, I just tried and couldn't turn it on (or change WB from auto) until I reset the camera settings to "defaults" and hit ok. After, I can swipe the flash to on. Just tapping on the "on" settings seems to be iffy.

Reactions: aconrad86
Upvote 0
Camera Flash Fix

Had the same problem with not being able to turn the camera flash to "on".
Found this to work:

Settings applications manage applications
all
Scroll to CameraEM
Clear data
return to prior screen
Scroll to Camera
Clear data
Return to home screen
You should now be able to turn the flash "on".

Hope this works for you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones