• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help camera shutter noise

After you tap on the gear looking icon you have to scroll down. The setting is called Shutter sound. If you have the 4.1 Jellybean update it's 4 up from the last setting in the list which is reset.

I have the same issue as Devon and I even edited the feature.xml under /system/csc/ with my root explorer and replaced false with true for the shuttet sound option and did not work after a reboot

If your phone is rooted, open up a root browser and go to

system/media/audio/ui and rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.old

You can rename the other sounds as well, such as the camera start, video start, but after renaming all the sounds, I haven't been able to get the focus sound to turn off.

I have the same issue as Devon and I even edited the feature.xml under /system/csc/ with my root explorer and replaced false with true for the shuttet sound option and did not work after a reboot

That's odd. Did you remember to save and exit?

I just did the same thing you said. I went into my /system/csc/feature.xml file using Root Explorer. Edited the line, and saved. I rebooted my phone, went into the camera app and I was happy to see the Shutter option there. Now I have to the option to turn the shutter sound on or off at will.

If your phone is rooted, open up a root browser and go to

system/media/audio/ui and rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.old

You can rename the other sounds as well, such as the camera start, video start, but after renaming all the sounds, I haven't been able to get the focus sound to turn off.

The focus sound turns off after you edit the feature.xml file under /system/csc folder. I just tried it myself. It works.

Back
Top Bottom