• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera360 Ultimate- doesn't fill screen?

pwscott

Mar 24, 2011
I use Camera360 Ultimate on my Droid X, but when I bring it up on my Xoom it works but has just the top, middle 10% of the screen in which it displays. :cool:It has various settings to NOT use compatibility mode etc and I have tried toggling each of those and restarting the app. Anyone else try this one and let me know if you can get it running in full screen mode?

Thanks, I looked at that when I read it in the tips sticky thread. When I looked up Spare Parts in the Android Market and read even the dev's notes in the description it just looked a little scary:

"....**Ad b/c I added more hidden settings**modify at your own discretion, if uninstalling, change setting back first
Spare Parts allows you to enable some settings
that are not found in the default setting menu
I ripped this out from the android source repository. I am not responsible for what it does or does not do........" :thinking:

I appreciate the suggestion, but since I am more likely to take pics with my Droid X than with the Xoom I think I'll wait on that. The native camera app is fine for now I guess. :rolleyes:

its most likely not optimized for tablets yet. send the dev a request for this.

in the meantime try this tip and see if it works for you:

http://androidforums.com/xoom-tips-tricks/287236-play-any-app-xoom-trick.html

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Thanks, I looked at that when I read it in the tips sticky thread. When I looked up Spare Parts in the Android Market and read even the dev's notes in the description it just looked a little scary:
If you don't bother to try it once, you wouldn't know how it's done. Also, anything worthwhile comes with a learning curve. Else why use Android at all? Why not take the easy way out and use an iPad? It's cheaper than a Xoom too, and comes with much more polished apps.

Anyway marctronixx, I went ahead with the tweak. Camera360 is now working on my Asus tablet, albeit not as well as the stock camera app. The tablet doesn't come with flash, so that takes all the fun out of the flash feature. I fumbled with it for a while, and decided it's not as good as the stock app and uninstalled it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones