• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can anyone explain to me about sync?

markyboy81

Oct 8, 2012
I'm a bit confused about what having sync on actually does. I normally have it switched off, yet I still receive WhatsApp messages, email etc.
The times I have had it activated I've received Gmail emails, even though I rarely use the account.
So what are the benefits of having it activated, and what are the drawbacks?

I'm a bit confused about what having sync on actually does. I normally have it switched off, yet I still receive WhatsApp messages, email etc.
The times I have had it activated I've received Gmail emails, even though I rarely use the account.
So what are the benefits of having it activated, and what are the drawbacks?

Wonder the same thing .. as far as I can read it seems syn is indeed for things like mail / dropbox / chrome etc.

Basically anything which syncs in the background. I do think so that there is a difference in "sync" and "push" in email .. I THINK push doesn't count as sync .. But don't know .. hope someone can answer that properly .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones