• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can flash, but cannot get into recovery

velvel

Lurker
Hi all
I can get into bootloader/fastboot (Power+Vol-), I can run fastboot from my laptop, I can flash, but neither I can get into recovery nor I can boot after RUU.
I've basically tried all I could think of, from doing RUUs (3 of them), flashing boot and recovery images, going 2.15, 2.16, locking/unlocking (obviously) and finally going S-On (ok, might be stupid, but I run out of ideas).
Bottom line is that all of the flashing worked for me, I get no error, but even simple fastboot boot recovery.img brings back the bootloop.
For example:
>fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ville-selinux.img
sending 'recovery' (8668 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.108s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.059s]
finished. total time: 3.173s
>fastboot reboot
and if I hold Vol- and select recovery in bootloader I am back to bootloop.

Same thing if I try:
>fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ville-selinux.img

I just do not understand why I am not getting any error message when flushing/RUU and is it possible that there is something wrong with the hardware that causes this behavior.
Thanks

yes,going back to s on was definately a bad idea,as theres no way to get s off without a working phone.

unless you are using an s3 reovery on an s4,or vice versa,sounds like you may have some hardware issues :(

yes,going back to s on was definately a bad idea,as theres no way to get s off without a working phone.

unless you are using an s3 reovery on an s4,or vice versa,sounds like you may have some hardware issues :(

No, I was not using mix of S3/S4. My phone is S4, btw. It looks to me more and more it is hardware issue. Strange one, as I still can flash, but there it goes...

When you turn the phone on, what does it show? Is it the HTC logo with red text? What happens when you leave it alone? Does it reboot?

When you turn the phone on, what does it show? Is it the HTC logo with red text? What happens when you leave it alone? Does it reboot?
Yes, it does show HTC logo with red text and then reboots. It looked to me it is a hardware (memory) problem so I did sell the phone for parts :(
Thanks anyhow for your reply.

Sorry to hear about that. I hate that HTC logo with red text. Cost me $40 to fix a while ago when I didn't know as much as now. Sounds like yours was a hardware problem since you couldn't boot after RUU. What phone did you end up with to replace the One S?

Sorry to hear about that. I hate that HTC logo with red text. Cost me $40 to fix a while ago when I didn't know as much as now. Sounds like yours was a hardware problem since you couldn't boot after RUU. What phone did you end up with to replace the One S?

HTC One X. Hate buying the overpriced new models. One gen behind always gets me great phone where development is active :)

That's the way I feel now. I like the One S. The limitations I am having are not due to the One S - just basic Android limitations. I really dislike the voice dialer that comes up when the screen is locked. I wish Google Now could come up when the phone is locked.

Back
Top Bottom