• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I activate a rooted phone?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
I have an inactive Optimus V and would like to activate it for a month so my son can use it while he goes out of town. It has Harmonia 2 on it. Can I activate it with it rooted or do I have to bring it back to how it was from the factory?

Also, can it be activated with a top-up card?

You'll have to flash back to a Froyo ROM (Harmonia 1 will work fine.) and it can be activated while it's rooted. I'm pretty sure you would be able to activate it with the top-up but I'm not totally sure. I would back up Harmonia 2 and restore that backup after you have the phone activated.

Thanks. I can't even get the thing to turn on so I guess it's a moot point. If I plug it in, it just blinks off and on. It worked fine the last time we used it. At the time it wasn't activated and my kids just used it with wifi. I tried removing the battery for a while but it didn't help. So now my son won't have a decent phone but he'll take his tracfone and hopefully be able to find wifi somewhere for his ipod.

Plug phone into charger with phone off. Pull battery and reinstall. Now try to get into the recovery menu and let it charge for 30 min. Then unplug, reboot, and plug back in.

Back