• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I get 1 in January?

DILands

Android Expert
I know that this is supposed to be a limited-production "concept phone". I was interested, until I heard the rumored price. Well, now I know the price, and have seen some of the reviews, and I want one. I'm on T-Mobile, and on the original JUMP program, and can not get another phone until the end of January. I just got laid off, so buying one outright will not work (as much as I would love to do that). My concern is by the end of January, all of the original production run will be gone. Any idea, if this happens, whether they would produce more?

TIA!

David

I know that this is supposed to be a limited-production "concept phone". I was interested, until I heard the rumored price. Well, now I know the price, and have seen some of the reviews, and I want one. I'm on T-Mobile, and on the original JUMP program, and can not get another phone until the end of January. I just got laid off, so buying one outright will not work (as much as I would love to do that). My concern is by the end of January, all of the original production run will be gone. Any idea, if this happens, whether they would produce more?

TIA!

David
Well, my opinion is that although Samsung is saying it is a limited edition run, I believe they are just saying that to cover their own butts for delays and production purposes. If one reads the forums (and media outlets) throughout the web, it has been about the same level of conversations that were generated for the original Note a few years back. Half the folks like it the other half think its a gimmick, too big, etc
But if the Note 1 has proven that it was a hit and I believe this will be also. Proof of that is that if the rumors are true then the next S6 will be Edge like on both sides. So i doubt they will run out by January.

But lets take your concern and run with that for a moment. Lets say its true that there won't be any more come January. I am sure there will be some available either via ebay or swappa.

But do note that T-Mobile is now being picky about credit requirements, (see TMobileNews) and that may impact getting one if doing Jump.

TS

Ebay and Swappa are non-starters because of the JUMP program - and going out and buying a phone like that while on unemployment will probably land me in divorce court.

My credit is fine - so that will not be a problem,

lol That is true about divorce court.

You are correct about the ebay/swappa part and Jump. my bad.

I still think there will be some available come Jan.

TS

Ask and you shall receive. The Mobile Gods have spoken. :)

Samsung to launch flexible display, cut smartphone models in 2015

Specifically this part of the article...
Samsung Electronics is planning to expand its product line of flexible-display smartphones following the warm reception of the Galaxy Note Edge, which has a curved display that wraps around its side. Samsung Display is currently expanding production capacity of its A3 line, which produced the curved display for the Edge.

Just like I thought, that limited edition tagline Samsung kept saying is just to cover their butts in case delays happen and since folks do like the Note Edge (as per xda, AC, AF, Sprint Forums, etc) I do see this device not being so limited.

TS out (giving food offerings to the mobile Gods)

Back
Top Bottom