• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I move my 2.1 OTA file to my wife's Eris?

JCUMV

My wife and I both have the Eris and have stayed on 1.5. I got the 2.1 OTA yesterday morning. I've loaded it and am enjoying it quite a bit. I keep checking her phone as we are on the same contract (she's a second line on my contract), but the 2.1 OTA hasn't come into her phone yet.

I was wondering if there's a 2.1 file that I would have downloaded OTA, that I can move over to her phone and manually install.

Thanks.

No offense to the OP up on the sticky, but I'm not a fan of downloading 2.1 from a complete stranger who posted this on the Forum.

So I guess my question still stands :) Is there a way for me to transfer the file from my phone to her's?

Thanks.

Yes put your sd card in her phone and install same as your phone.

Sounds like it should be harder than that. Let's say I did put my card in her phone.... then what? I'm not too techy, so how would I manually start the install from the card? What file am I looking for?

Thanks

You don't have to download it from a stranger, you can download it using the link which downloads directly from google.

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Guessing I following the install instructions from the Sticky above?

Yes, just download from the link I gave you and follow the directions. The download should be about 77MB. Mount phone to computer and put on root of SD card (still .ziped) and follow the directions above

Okay. I'm going for it. Will ping back later tonight and let you know how it goes. I'm headed to dinner, and then to see Iron Man 2. I heard it sucks, but I gotta see it ;)

Really, I thought Iron Man 2 was awesome but thats just me. If you have any issues or need any help feel free to PM me.

I updated my wife's Eris with this and had no trouble with it. To me, it's less about "instant gratification" as it is "getting our money's worth".

:D

Thanks for the post!

Okay, so I did the download and install late last night after getting back from Iron Man 2 (great movie by the way ;) ). It all installed and loaded up with issue. Perfect. We're both on 2.1 now. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom