• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I print?

kilgetty

Is it possible to print from my Nexus 7 tablet to my Canon MG5450 wireless printer? I have tried all sorts of applications without any success.
If it is possible could you please give me step by step instructions.

Hi Crashdamage. Thanks very much for your prompt reply, it worked perfectly. I am so pleased that I have eventually got this working.

Last edited:
It should work with the standard cannon print plugin app. I print to my mother in law's printer with it. I print to my hp wireless printer with the regular hp print plugin. The stock system handles printing very well.

It should work with the standard cannon print plugin app. I print to my mother in law's printer with it. I print to my hp wireless printer with the regular hp print plugin. The stock system handles printing very well.

I tried the Canon app without any luck at all, but the PrinterShare app is working fine.

I tried the Canon app without any luck at all, but the PrinterShare app is working fine.
Yeah, the HP Print Plugin should work with our HP printer but I never could get it working right. PrinterShare has been around a long time, it was one of the first print apps for Android. If just works. Has for years on many devices and 2 or 3 printers.

I just used the print plugin.
You don't open the app. You print from where the document is that you want to print. If its a web page, select print from browser settings. If its a PDF or other document, select print in the document reader app. It should open a standard print window where you choose the print destination (similar to PC).
But there are so many printers, just sticking with what worked is probably best.

Back
Top Bottom