• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can I re-root after 5.8.894 broke root?

The Pause commands are entirely dependent upon the user, and if the user presses any key too quickly, the same thing will happen anyway.
I get ya.
For me, I was having so many problems at one point I put pause commands in and was giving each step 30 sec to complete. Overkill I know, but it got me through and fixed my problems.
If/when I need to re-root I will try the wait for device instead.

"It sounds like the files are already there and it is failing when trying to run itself - because maybe it is partially rooted. the best approach here is to try to delete those files (if you can) from he locations you copied them to and then start over."

I have a Defy+ with a similar problem -- it is 'partially rooted' and now any attempt to root fails because of permission errors - because the files may already be there...

How do I go about 'deleting' the files created during the original root (which was lost during an OTA).

Cheers

When i try and open link it tells me i do not have significant privaliges even tho i registered with an account. Could someone repost the link or help me out?

It worked! Droid Bionic with "no-root" update!

Thanks to all of you guys, now I can use the full features of this device! I am just so happy now! Grueling process, but worth EVERY bit of frustration~!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, none of these methods are working for me. I have downloaded the SDK program and files, as well as the Android SDK files (which I moved to the \android-sdk\platform-tools path that was advised so that the file path didn't have to be changed). I downloaded the exploit.zip file and extracted to the desktop. I put in the commands exactly as seen on the screen into the command prompt with my Bionic 2.3.4 (5.5.893) <update> it is actually 5.9.902 </update> connected, with charge mode and usb debugging on. I have also installed the drivers for my Windows 7 32 bit OS.

Here is the left side of my screen so that you may see that I have all the correct items installed and in the right paths (hopefully).
myscreen(left).png

Here's the right side to see the command prompt window.
myscreen(right).png

Sorry I couldn't attach it as one, but it exceeded the size limit.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? And if so, how can I correct it so that my device can be rooted?

<update>
Tried the one-click method above, and it gave me the same "[-] Hellions with BLUE flames !" message, followed by "[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/zerg". It then tried to install the root packages, but they all failed because /system/xbin is a read-only file system still. Help!!

Unfortunately, none of these methods are working for me. I have downloaded the SDK program and files, as well as the Android SDK files (which I moved to the \android-sdk\platform-tools path that was advised so that the file path didn't have to be changed). I downloaded the exploit.zip file and extracted to the desktop. I put in the commands exactly as seen on the screen into the command prompt with my Bionic 2.3.4 (5.5.893) &lt;update&gt; it is actually 5.9.902 &lt;/update&gt; connected, with charge mode and usb debugging on. I have also installed the drivers for my Windows 7 32 bit OS.

Here is the left side of my screen so that you may see that I have all the correct items installed and in the right paths (hopefully).
View attachment 29853

Here's the right side to see the command prompt window.
View attachment 29854

Sorry I couldn't attach it as one, but it exceeded the size limit.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? And if so, how can I correct it so that my device can be rooted?

&lt;update&gt;
Tried the one-click method above, and it gave me the same &quot;[-] Hellions with BLUE flames !&quot; message, followed by &quot;[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/zerg&quot;. It then tried to install the root packages, but they all failed because /system/xbin is a read-only file system still. Help!!

Try the motoroot that is in the all things root guide, it should work. You might have tried too many different ways to root and might have to flash the fxz for 5.9.902 to wipe the slate clean.

Back
Top Bottom