• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I still use AT&T voicemail with a custom ROM?

Italo

Android Enthusiast
I'm currently running teamhacksung's ICS ROM, and using Google Voice for voice mail. I've been using Google Voice for a while (with previous ROMs as well). No GV number, just use the app/email/text feature. I sometimes have calls go straight to voice mail and not even ring, and I think GV may be the culprit. I'd like to try going back to AT&T voice mail, but I don't have any of those pre-loaded carrier numbers anymore. So, I don't even know what to dial to check voice mail.

Does anyone know the AT&T quick dial number for voice mail, or how to fix this problem with Google Voice?

I'm currently running teamhacksung's ICS ROM, and using Google Voice for voice mail. I've been using Google Voice for a while (with previous ROMs as well). No GV number, just use the app/email/text feature. I sometimes have calls go straight to voice mail and not even ring, and I think GV may be the culprit. I'd like to try going back to AT&T voice mail, but I don't have any of those pre-loaded carrier numbers anymore. So, I don't even know what to dial to check voice mail.

Does anyone know the AT&T quick dial number for voice mail, or how to fix this problem with Google Voice?

Usually when I have calls go straight to voice mail it implies I have no coverage, and since the phone doesn't ring the system directs the caller to voice mail. Happens with AT&T and GV.

As to the AT&T voicemail number, that depends on where you live. Mine has an 832 area code, which is in Houston. I live in Fort Worth, so it's reasonable to assume it's a regional voice mail center.

If it were me, and I'm not making any implications at all, I'd plead stupid, go to AT&T or call 611, and tell them I accidentally deleted my voice mail number (it's actually quite easy to do - I don't know why Google doesn't put any safeguards on that setting in Android). They should give you the new number. Or go to your AT&T warranty service center and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom