• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I still use my wifi on my Galaxy S or S II when my Sprint contract ends?

babybcp

Aug 7, 2012
We haven't yet decided whether to flash the phones to Boost or just sell them, but I am wondering what the phones will still be able to do once my Sprint service is cancelled on the 29th? Run apps already downloaded, as long as they don't require an internet connection? Can I get on the internet with the phone using my home wifi? Could the phones be used as 'mini-tablets'? (They are currently running Android 2.3.)

We haven't yet decided whether to flash the phones to Boost or just sell them, but I am wondering what the phones will still be able to do once my Sprint service is cancelled on the 29th? Run apps already downloaded, as long as they don't require an internet connection? Can I get on the internet with the phone using my home wifi? Could the phones be used as 'mini-tablets'? (They are currently running Android 2.3.)

Yes they should be able to work exactly the same, but they won't have cellular service. You could use them as an MP3 player or as an iPod Touch.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones