• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I upload from my phone to Google Music?

Roaddog

So, I've purchased some music on my phone and it downloaded and plays fine, but there doesn't seem to be a setting that lets me upload from my phone to the Google Music cloud, which is annoying. The whole idea is that if I use Google Music I can access that music from anywhere and any device.

Maybe I'm just missing something? Is there an easy way to transfer it to the cloud without having to first get it from my phone to a computer?

Any help appreciated!

I don't think you can. What I've heard of people doing is uploading the music to Dropbox, then setting the Dropbox folder on their computer as one of the folders that the Google Music desktop software monitors to upload automatically. So it goes phone>Dropbox>PC>Google music. Or if you had something like Pogoplug you could just put it directly into the Music folder on your PC.

Gah. Ok, well that's not ideal but I guess it'll have to work for now. Seems bass ackwards that they haven't allowed for this functionality yet.

Back
Top Bottom