• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can my phone be rooted?

I am completely new to rooting and am seeing mixed reviews of whether or not my phone can be rooted.
Galaxy s5
Sm g900v
Version 6.0.1
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AF, Billy :).

If anyone knows if your device can be root it'll be the folks here in the SG S5 root area where I've just moved your thread (pretty sure it can, though).

Cheers!

I am completely new to rooting and am seeing mixed reviews of whether or not my phone can be rooted.
Galaxy s5
Sm g900v
Version 6.0.1
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Billy Hughes :)

I am afraid that the Verizon variant of the Galaxy S5, G900V, on Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, is un-rootable at present. :(

Whilst a root method was eventually found for Lollipop, Android 5.0, the little beggars at Verizon closed the exploit off and prevented downgrading.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Billy Hughes :)

I am afraid that the Verizon variant of the Galaxy S5, G900V, on Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, is un-rootable at present. :(

Whilst a root method was eventually found for Lollipop, Android 5.0, the little beggars at Verizon closed the exploit off and prevented downgrading.

Well that's disappointing. Oh well. I'm sure someone wiser than me will figure it out. Thanks for the warm welcome and response

Back
Top Bottom