• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Someone Explain the Launch Process?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Supposedly many stores received deliveries last week. Now, there are reports of more deliveries today. Obviously VZW is concerned about something (Wallet? LTE issues? Something unknown?), because other carriers around the world are happily selling the device, while VZW is now.

But, if there is an issue with the phone, what is being accomplished by delaying the release? Are the devices being sent back to Samsung for hardware fixes, or Google for software fixes? Or are last week's deliveries just sitting in a locked cage at the store?

Lastly, why can't we pre-order the phone yet? My VZW store won't even add me to a wait list.

So, can anyone explain the launch process and how it's impacting the the GNex? Thanks in advance!

VZW Launch Strategy:
#1 Find a phone people want
#2 Tease those about it without ever making an announcement
#3 Plant rumor seeds across the internet
#4 Make up a reason for it not to release
#5 Make an announcement of an announcement to wait for a pending Press Release

Yeah unfortunately OP we really can't explain it since there is no official words to go by.

I as well as others could speculate on what is probably going on but really what is the point to that? I agree this is all frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom