• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone try this test please

Risley

Go to your phone contacts and on the right side select any letter to take you to those contacts, then let the sun shine on your screen. Does the contact list automatically scroll back to the beginning?

Just noticed mine doing that today in the car while driving.

Thanks

AT&T Note 2, Southern California.

Just tried and no, my contacts stayed on Q.

It does go back up if you double tap the top of the phone by the headphone jack

turn off the double tap to the top and it will probably fix it.

settings>motion> uncheck double tap to top.

sun is probably causing the sensor to get wonky.

turn off the double tap to the top and it will probably fix it.

settings>motion> uncheck double tap to top.

sun is probably causing the sensor to get wonky.

Wow it is! I just tried with mine and with double tap enabled, any strong light (don't even need sunlight) will move the contact list up to top. I just hold the phone close to the monitor. I was very careful not to do any sudden movement.. just a change in light. And when I turn off the double tap, it doesn't scroll no matter what.

Thanks guys
It absolutely is double tap to top feature causing this. Even indirect light and reflections cause it to scroll to the top by itself. I was positive I was not touching anything after I realized this issue. Thankfully I never used the feature and dont really need it.

Wow it is! I just tried with mine and with double tap enabled, any strong light (don't even need sunlight) will move the contact list up to top. I just hold the phone close to the monitor. I was very careful not to do any sudden movement.. just a change in light. And when I turn off the double tap, it doesn't scroll no matter what.

Yeah I just tried holding my phone to my computer screen and each time the contact list would scroll up.

Thanks for posting this! This was driving me nuts in the car with my Note 2 and previously with my Galaxy S3. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom