• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can the A500 cache movies from the market?

mplevy

Android Expert
I'm going on a business trip this week and would like to rent a couple movies for the flight and cache them to my tablet. Everything I see says the Xoom is the only device that can do this, is this still the case? Also, once it caches, does that start the 24 hour clock for watching the movie or do I still have 30 days? I COULD count on my planes having WiFi and pay only $5 (Southwest) to use my Netflix instead, but I'd rather not count on that, and I can use this opportunity to watch movies I can get on Google that I can't get on Netflix (Moneyball is one).

Thanks

That's just it, I don't have a huge DVD collection, I'm relying on Netflix for entertainment (I have an Apple TV to stream it to my TV) when there's nothing on TV. I was hoping to cache rentals from Google for a long flight. I'm now where I was going and have a shorter flight home (bless the tailwinds going East).

I DO have some videos I copied to the tablet for entertainment when I'm in the hotel if I feel up to it, not exactly suitable for in-flight entertainment though...

Well, the answer is no. But my thunderbolt can, so I'm caching to that and will use the Iconia as a backup power source (I can plug my phone into the tablet and charge it)

Back
Top Bottom