• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can the desire 520 be rooted with same method as the 510

Android Version: 5.1
Network: Cricket / AT&T GSM
Taskiller Used?: none
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: hope to be soon / standard issue
Issue:
Can the same method be used to root the desire 520 as the method used for the 510? Or does anyone know how to root the 520

Last edited:
Most HTC's can be rooted by unlocking the bootloader via an official tool then flashing a custom recovery. That however has to be built for the specific device, so would be different for a 510 and a 520. DO NOT try to flash a recovery built for one model on a different phone. Once you have a custom recovery you can use that to root the phone.

However, if you have a carrier branded phone some carriers block the unlocking tool. In that case you need device-specific information, and this forum is for the original Desire (Bravo, A8181) rather than the 510 or 520. I've asked one of the moderators to move this to somewhere where you might have a better chance of finding someone who is familiar with your device.

Upvote 0
Unlocking the boot loader is an option in this devices developer settings.

I don't know if ANY of this information is useful, but might as well throw it all in here just in case somebody can help with rooting this device. Also, careful when googling "root htc desire 520" as there are a TON of bogus links and from what I can see, no/few topics on the model other than here.

Anyways...

Device serial number: FA59RBA02754

Android version; 5.1

Software number: 1.10.506.2

HTC Sense version: 7.0

Kernel version:
3.10.49-perf-gb0156dc
and@AABM #2
SMP PREEEMPT

Baseband version: 01.01_U113251042_32.06.50710G_2_F

Build number: 1.10.506.2 CL576969 release-keys

It also might be worth noting that I have not run any full software updates since buying this phone, so I can't guarantee any similarities between my device and blackhearts.

If there's any other information I can give about the phone that would prove useful to somebody, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones