• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can this phone be saved?

L

learning2

I've got a Reverb that was rooted and never ROM'ed. I loaded an ad blocker and link2sd and that was about it. Never really had the time to do lots of tweaking on it.

Unfortunately, the phone now driving me nuts. It demands to install updates while I'm trying to use the GPS (update doesn't work because I'm rooted). It is hard to get it to charge -- I'll plug it on the charger at 38% and come back and it's at 30%. Or, it charges, but the "Your phone is fully charged" message doesn't go away, and I have to reboot it to make it stop thinking it's connected to the charger.

It seems like I either need to install a new ROM, or just look for a good Black Friday deal on a new phone.

Can someone recommend a good cookbook/checklist for putting a new ROM on this phone? Is there a great ROM that's going to make me like my phone again, or should I just give up?

Thanks for advice!

Seems worth a try, but I could really use a step-by-step since I've haven't done anything much with my phone since I bought it.

It is stock, plus poot, superuser, link2sd and adaway. So, I need a step-by-step to flash recovery, backup, flash rom, restore apps.

Back
Top Bottom