• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you flash samsung firmware from 2 different phones ?

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2012
This is a side by side comparison of my samsung a136u 5g on the left and the a22 5g on the right as you can see they are almost identical
Do yall think it's possible to flash this firmware to my samsung a13 5g
And would everything work correctly
It's from another country
But I'm on bit 2 android 12 and it's on bit 2 android 12
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated !

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10gu8Vb8hMVmMJaPzF5PkeEkNOewKlWNv/view?usp=drivesdk

Well the phones are both samsung with almost all of the same specs only real diff is my camera is 50 and that one is 48 other than that all the hardware should be the same
I thought I could try that simply because back in the day I could port 2 phones together withe similar specs and it worked ,this is almost identical
It's basically to get an international version of my phone onto my phone so I can unlock the bootloader and root twrp ect.ect.
Because samsung has locked all u.s models down to where you can't find oem unlock in dev options anymore and all the tricks to fix it now do not work so that is why

Upvote 0
Well the phones are both samsung with almost all of the same specs only real diff is my camera is 50 and that one is 48 other than that all the hardware should be the same
I thought I could try that simply because back in the day I could port 2 phones together withe similar specs and it worked ,this is almost identical
It's basically to get an international version of my phone onto my phone so I can unlock the bootloader and root twrp ect.ect.
Because samsung has locked all u.s models down to where you can't find oem unlock in dev options anymore and all the tricks to fix it now do not work so that is why
flashing the wrong country on a US variant will not work. for one they have two different processors, exynos and snapdragon. and they do need very specific software coding for them to work. so flashing a exynos firmware on a snapdragon firmware could have very very consequences. i would not not recommend that you do it.

plus if it was that easy, many of us with snapdragon phones would have been rooted now......though my z fold 3 suits me just fine. i do not see a need for me to root my phone.

Upvote 0
That idea is actually my post under different name also I guess I need to clarify things
1.my phone sma136u 5g is run by meditek 700 soc
2. The phone I'm trying to use to flash firmware from is
Sm-136u1 with all exact same specs because it's the exact same phone.
It's also meditek 700 soc
3. I have a friend that flashed this u1 firmware already and it worked and the u1 sw version for some reason allows oem unlocking in the sw .
The problem I have is that the u1 sw is on bootloader 1 and I'm updated on bootloader 2 so I can't downgrade to get back to bit 1
So now I have to wait until u1 come to bit 2 so I can flash it
If anything I'll end up with a deflated version of android 12 so that's my real problem
I'm pretty sure that I could flash another countries firmware into mine as long as it was same phone with the same EXACT SPECS right?

Upvote 0
"Exact specs" doesn't mean headline specs like storage, screen resolution, RAM, it means the exact same components for many parts of the phone, including some that never appear on a public spec sheet.

Basically if it's the same phone with a different name and case then you would be OK. Otherwise all bets are off. You might find that some feature doesn't work because the driver for some component isn't the same. You might find it's a brick because one of the software partitions is a different size and overwrites the bootloader. Or you might find that it just doesn't boot, or the screen doesn't come on, or any number of other possibilities.

So if we're talking identical hardware just different regional firmware (which happens, but some Samsungs do have hardware differences in different regions, so you should make sure first) then it would work if the system lets you flash it. Some manufacturers flashing tools do not allow this even when the firmware would be compatible - I don't know where Samsung stand on this.

Upvote 0
https://www.phonemore.com/compare/p...6u-vs-samsung-galaxy-a22-sm-a225mdsn/19045057
Simply because you have two phones that look similar if you read through the above link the issue you can't ignore is the two phones have very different, internal hardware configurations. Smartphone ROMs are very specific so they're not interchangeable, and they're not based on appearance of the phone. It's all about the need for a an exact match between the software and the hardware.
ROMs are created for each model of phone individually where there's a common Android kernel but all added the drivers, firmware, and system utilities need to correspond with each model's hardware components. If you're assuming smartphone ROMs are similar to Install disc/media for a desktop PC, they are not. ROMs contain only the necessary software to match the hardware. They do not have any kind of hardware detection functionality nor a collection of possible software packages to install, like with a typical Windows Install disc for example. So the ROM for your A22 will correspond with your A22 phone, it will for example include the firmware to work with its Mediatek G80 processor but not necessarily with your A13's Mediatek 700 processor (one mismatch among several others, i.e. different GPUs, different partition tables for the different internal storage, etc.
Go ahead and experiment flashing different ROMs but don't be surprised when you brick your phone. Odds are it's just a soft-brick and you just need to re-flash with the correct ROM to restore your phone working condition again. If you end up hard-bricking it, that's a more serious matter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones