• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can you get back to stock after rooting?

Strife21

So I am thinking of rooting soon doing the manual method. I'm literate with commands and such so that wont be a issue.

My main concern is if something goes wrong with the phone and I would have to take it to VZW is there a way to get it back to the state it was before the root?

You see I have had to go back to VZW twice for exchanges on this phone, I seriously have terrible luck with new hardware.

1) Screen would become unresponsive while plugged into the oem charger and they replaced it (problem fixed)

2) The new phone I got from the exchange had a faulty volume up button which got stuck and would not register when I pressed it.

So I was basically just wondering if there is way I can get it back to normal incase one of these random issues may arise again.

Thanks

So I am thinking of rooting soon doing the manual method. I'm literate with commands and such so that wont be a issue.

My main concern is if something goes wrong with the phone and I would have to take it to VZW is there a way to get it back to the state it was before the root?

You see I have had to go back to VZW twice for exchanges on this phone, I seriously have terrible luck with new hardware.

1) Screen would become unresponsive while plugged into the oem charger and they replaced it (problem fixed)

2) The new phone I got from the exchange had a faulty volume up button which got stuck and would not register when I pressed it.

So I was basically just wondering if there is way I can get it back to normal incase one of these random issues may arise again.

Thanks

Yep you can un root it and get s-on

Would I have to take some kind of backup of what it looked like before changing anything? Or is there a way to flash it back to the original O/S?

Back
Top Bottom