• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot add/view contacts

rvirani

Dec 11, 2010
Texas
Yes, I deleted some files on accident, and I have tried to add them back,

blur_yahoo.apk
blur_yahoo.odex
com.motorola.blur.contacts.sync.yahoo.apk
com.motorola.blur.provider.yahoo.apk
YahooConctacts.apk
YahooContacts.odex

and

blur_twitter.apk
blur_twitter.odex

I moved them to /system/app, changed permission to rw-r-r- and changed owner to root.

My stock contacts app still decides to automatically force close, and I have no idea why now.

I'm wondering what would be the easiest way (besides re-flashing stock), what files I actually need from blur to make it work, and what I am missing.

Droid 3, rooted, stock rom, and I will answer any other question you need.

Thanks,
Riz.

I'm not 100% sure myself. Just to throw out some ideas:

- Did you restart the phone after adding them back and changing permissions?
- I wonder if you need to wipe data for contacts as well? (settings->applications->manage applications. Tap All. Find Contacts Storage. (This will wipe out all contacts, but Google contacts will resync.)
- I also do not know if you need to wipe dalvik cache (start phone in Recovery by holding X while powering. Press both Vol keys when you see the triangle/android/exclamation point to get a menu. "Wipe cache partition" [not "Wipe data/factory reset - that wipes everything to scratch]) and restart the phone

Again, I'm not 100% sure, but these things shouldn't hurt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones