• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot delete some pics from gallery?

HTTR

Android Enthusiast
I have some pictures (old) in the gallery that for some reason I cannot delete? Most of the time when you click on a picture you have a trash can up top to remove, but for some reason these do not.

Some seem to be from facebook, others are old from prior phone Ithink. No option to delete?? When I click on the picture details is lists "unknown" location.

Nothing crazy, just freeing up some space. Any thoughts appreciated.

yeah i noticed that too. I have like 5 different folders (facebook, twitter, instagram, and i dont know what else) and it won't let me delete them. Pretty annoying.

Hi, usually these photos will be psrt of your google/Picasa/blogger etc... which will need to be deleted via the associated app.
So basically go to the folder on your phone where the picture is, find what its associated with, then go to that app and delete it there.

can u access the folders directly through phone or do u have to access them through while connected through pc?

That depends, ok let's say you have photos in google +, there will be a folder in your gallery with these photos on, the only way you can delete them is to either do it in your google + app or go to google + in you web browser, same with picasa etc...

EASY...... go to the Picasa Web album on your PC and delete the photos from the instant upload folder there...and VOILA they are gone from your phone...it happened to me too...i was going crazy :)

What you could also do is got to accounts and sync on ur N2 and untick the picasa web albums then go to applications find the application called gallery and press clear cache and that should remove the picasa album :)

Thanks...deleted pics from the computer and that got rid of those. There are still some old facebook pics that I assume I would need to remove from the Facebook account as well.

EASY...... go to the Picasa Web album on your PC and delete the photos from the instant upload folder there...and VOILA they are gone from your phone...it happened to me too...i was going crazy :)

^This. Worked like a champ; was driving me crazy too! Also, uncheck Picasa from syncing on your phone under your Google account.

Back
Top Bottom