• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot enter 7, 8 or 9 when entering a phone number.

pete_2x4b

Lurker
All numbers on the keypad work except for 7, 8 & 9. When trying to type these I get either the row above or the row below.

Earlier today I tried entering a phone number into a text and it refused to allow me to type '8'. That is on a completely different keyboard. I've recalibrated the keyboard / touchscreen without issue. This makes me think it is not a hardware issue.

I removed Facebook earlier when the phone was getting laggy and unusable and that sorted it out then including keypad issues. I wonder if another app is messing me around? No 3rd party keypad apps installed. I'm running Android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0. Is there anything I can do or is it time to replace it?

All numbers on the keypad work except for 7, 8 & 9. When trying to type these I get either the row above or the row below.

Earlier today I tried entering a phone number into a text and it refused to allow me to type '8'. That is on a completely different keyboard. I've recalibrated the keyboard / touchscreen without issue. This makes me think it is not a hardware issue.

I removed Facebook earlier when the phone was getting laggy and unusable and that sorted it out then including keypad issues. I wonder if another app is messing me around? No 3rd party keypad apps installed. I'm running Android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0. Is there anything I can do or is it time to replace it?

I would try a factory reset,That may fix it.Worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom