• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot find improperly installed app

polarbit

Lurker
I tried to install an apk, but I accidentally exited off the install screen, and my phone's storage showed that there was no space left and I couldn't find that app anywhere, whether on my settings>apps, or in my file explorer (7zipper)
Anyone know how to uninstall it

if it is installed then it should show up in your app manager on your phone. your file manager should be able to find if it was downloaded. what file manager are you using? do you have an sd card? where did you get the apk? was it downloaded on your phone?

Is your phone rooted or not?
If it is rooted, don't forget that while rooting gives you more unfettered access to the installed Android operating system on your phone, it also significantly increases the risk to be compromised -- rooting gives you system-level permissions, and just as important it gives some jerk system-level permissions to install something like a remote-code exploit. Especially when you haphazardly side-load APKs.
If it's not rooted, than at least you know that APK you side-loaded is going to be easily accessible in the user data partition. You should be able to just wipe if using a typical file manager app. Or you can also just re-install that same APK file, but this time don't skip past any pop-up messages that occur during the install process.

Back
Top Bottom