• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot import Tasker Profiles

Running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Thunderbolt and I've purchased the full version of Tasker

I have yet to figure out how to successfully import Tasker profiles to my device. I've visited many websites and have yet to find a reliable resource that explains what I'm doing wrong, or why this won't work.

I understand that you must place Tasker profiles in the /sdcard/Tasker/profiles directory, but I do not have a Profiles folder in the Tasker directory.

Screenshot here: i(DOT)imgur(DOT)com/iiZ5V.png
(apparently I'm not allowed to include links in my first post)

I've manually created a folder named 'profiles' and included some tasker profiles I've downloaded in that folder. These files are in .xml format.

When I open Tasker and long-press the Profiles button and then click Import, I see nothing.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it behaves the same way regardless.

My questions:

Why do I not have a 'profiles' folder in my /sdcard/Tasker/ directory?

Why, when I manually create that 'profiles' folder am I still unable to import anything?

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones