• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot send video in MMS

Gurba

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Norway
So today I filmed the kids to send through MSS to their gramps. I used the MMS setting on the camera since the X10 can't edit video (amazing blunder if you ask me). But even with this setting the video gets too large to send. I've tried to change the allowed size in Handcent but that only removes the message about too big a file. The MMS is marked by a red clock indicating not sent. The original app does the same thing. Anybody else with this problem?

The phone is rooted now but since so little can be removed after rooting due to problems with other apps I guess I'll just un-root it soon and live with Moxier. It's basically the only major app that can be removed without consequenses.

Yes. 8sec gave appx 550kb. When I chose to film in MMS-mode on my Nokia N95 it automatically reduced q and length so it would fit in an MMS. On the X10 it cuts the permitted length but to no avail. And with no video editing apps onboard it's hopeless. This is one of the major mistakes on the phone. Far worse than the lack of MT. It's a multimediaphone right? Crap!

Upvote 0
I have an x10a on AT&T. On 1.6, MMS video was capped at 8 seconds. Not much of a video if you ask me. Since upgrading to 2.1 Global Generic, I'm able to send ~16 second clips. Try this from the dialer, press *#*#4636#*#*. It should take you to a menu. Under phone information, scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says SMSC. Press Refresh, then Update. Should restore all MMS capabilities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones